CDC warns of dangerous pool parasite on the rise; how you can stay safe

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) – As many gear up to splash around the pool, the Centers for Disease Control released a new warning about a harmful parasite found in the water that is on the rise.

“It’s a water born parasite that can cause illness if it’s ingested or inhaled,” Chrissy Fandel said.

It’s called Cryptosporidium or Crypto for short. The parasite can leave healthy adults suffering from diarrhea for as long as three weeks.

Chrissy Fandel is the Aquatics Director with the Richmond YMCA and says it’s nothing to take lightly. https://www.nbc12.com/2019/07/04/cdc-warns-dangerous-pool-parasite-rise-how-you-can-stay-safe/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *